Sunday, January 10, 2010

Enviromental Science Blog #2: Agriculture

Growing up I would always see my grandmother watering her plants outside of her Arizona home. Adding new plants and picking fruits off her trees it made me wonder why she was so into this. Then I asked her about this and she said that when she was young her mother and father were migrant farmers trying to support their family of 14. Since my grandmother was one of the oldest of the children she was forced to help out with the farming by planting seeds picking fruits and vegetables and soon she fell in love with this kind of living. Although she didn’t make much money off of it she had then decided to start her own garden with flowers, fruits, veggies, as well as different kind of herbs. It made me think about starting my own kind of garden. And hopefully this will happen one day with the help of my grandmother.

No comments:

Post a Comment